With joy, we welcome the auspiciousness of spring
Gold Buddha Monastery Celebrates the 2013 Lunar New Year
Saturday, February 9 – Lunar New Year’s Eve
- Efficacious syllables will shake the Heaven and Earth – recite the Great Compassion Mantra – 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- Carefully copying sutra texts helps us enter samadhi – 1:00 PM – 3:30PM
- Lighting a candle on new year’s eve will enhance the light of our minds – 8:00 PM ~
- Compose and sign wishes for the new year – February 9-16
Sunday, February 10 to Saturday, February 16 – 1st to 7th Days of the Lunar New Year
- Bowing the Three Thousand Buddhas Repentance – 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Bowing the Three Thousand Buddhas Repentance
To pray for world peace, favorable weather conditions, the peace and prosperity of all countries and people, and the eradication of calamities and increase of blessings.
May those who see and hear about this be joyful. May all gain benefits of the Dharma and together realize Buddhahood.