Emperor Liang’s Jewelled Repentance
September 10 – 16
8:30am – 5:00pm
Offerings to Heaven
September 17 – 7:00am – 10:00am
Transmission of 3 Refuges & 5 Precepts
September 8 – 1:00pm
Universal Bowing will take place at 12:30pm
Taking refuge: going through a formal ceremony to become a Buddhist. The Triple Jewels or Three Refuges are the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha.
Taking the five precepts: to refrain from killing, from stealing, from sexual misconduct, from lying, and from taking intoxicants.
For those who are interested in taking refuge or taking the five precepts, an application form must be filled out and two passport size photos are needed. Application fee is by donation. Application forms with photos can be returned to Gold Buddha Monastery. Download PDF application form. For further info, please contact Gold Buddha Monastery.
- The True Meaning of Taking Refuge (PDF)
- The True Meaning of Taking Refuge (audio on Youtube)
- The Greatest Thing in Life, Taking Refuge with the Triple Jewel
- The Meaning of Taking Refuge Is Beyond Words
- Why Should We Receive And Uphold The Five Precepts？